cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "John L. Webber" <John.Web...@jentro.com>
Subject Re: map:redirect-to...
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:24:01 GMT
Hi Sonny,

Maybe one of the *real* Cocoon gurus is watching this thread and will
jump in...

Do I understand correctly that when you use the internal redirect, only
the "test failed" page is shown? That must mean the action failed. I
assume you must have combed through the log files - was there anything
at all interesting there that explained why the action failed? Otherwise
I'm pretty much at a loss to explain what's happening here. What does
the action "perform-test" do?

John

Sonny Sukumar wrote:

> That's a good insight and a good question John, though actually the
> redirected URIs are *not* in the "secure/" directory.  I did also read
> through the Cocoon docs on redirects but couldn't find the reason for
> the strange behavior.
>
> To quickly summarize again, the behavior is that the *second* redirect
> (the one after the action) is *always* executed when using internal
> redirects (i.e. with "cocoon:/").  BUT this problem disappears when I
> use HTTP redirects.
>
> I just don't wanna use HTTP redirects for this. :-/
>

>>> I'm having a strange problem with map:redirect-to, where it doesn't
>>> seem to work right when I use the cocoon:/ protocol.  Here's my
>>> example code:
>>>
>>> <map:match pattern="secure/doTest">
>>>  <map:act type="perform-test">
>>>    <!-- Test succeeded. -->
>>>    <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/showTestSucceededPage"/>
>>>  </map:act>
>>>
>>>  <!-- Test failed. -->
>>>  <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/showTestFailedPage"/>
>>> </map:match>
>>>
>>> Even when the test succeeds I see the "showTestFailedPage" when using
>>> the cocoon:/ protocol, but everything works fine if I take out the
>>> cocoon:/ (to use HTTP redirects).
>>>
>>> I'd really prefer to use internal redirects, so how come it doesn't
>>> work?  I might well be missing something.

  Jentro Technologies GmbH
  John L. Webber, Software Development
  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 M√ľnchen
  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message
and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing
or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank
you.