cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson ...@marcello.no>
Subject Accessing an objects static variables from templates?
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:13:00 GMT
Hello all,

quick question: is there a problem (or some alternate way) with
accessing a given objects static variables from jxtemplates?

Let's say I have 'MyClass' instantiated as 'myObject', and 'myObject' is
set as an attribute of the session.

public class MyClass(){

   public static final String myVariable = "something!";

   public void myStuff(){}

}

In one of my templates I try to show myVariable:
${cocoon.session.myObject.myVariable}. No resulting output.
Calling ${cocoon.session.myObject.myStuff()} works, though.

So my question is, how is accessing a variable different from calling a
method- what makes the jx generator go bonk here?

--
Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson
Oslo, Norway