cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: map:generate -> servlet -> empty session problem
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:34:53 GMT
On 21.07.2004 12:53, Merico Raffaele wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.5.1 under Tomcat 4.0.4.
> I have a servlet tixj.VE2000i does a login and starts a session.
> When I try to invoke the servlet again to generate some XML data using the
> following sitemap it always has an empty session.
>
> <map:match pattern="**VersicherterSuchen.html">
>  <map:generate src="{request:concat(scheme, '://', serverName, ':',
> serverPort, '/ve2000ic/servlet/tixj.VE2000i?', queryString)}"/>

You should not access your servlet in that way is it starts a new
external request (over http again, and with a new request object, so
without session). The JSPGenerator (which is indeed a ServletGenerator
as Unico stated somewhere in the Javadocs IIRC) might be the solution
for you. You can of course also add the session info into the above URL
string, but that's not the perfect solution IMO.

Joerg