cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Query string with non-English characters
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:03:07 GMT
On 20.07.2004 13:09, Perez Carmona, David wrote:

> I have a form and insert some non-English characters in a text box, with Mozilla 1.5
or IE 6 under Windows XP.
> When the action that process the form, receives these characters badly.  It is clearly
an encoding problem.
> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.2
>
> The solution to my problem is solved by this:
>     ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");

This should be done using param form-encoding in cocoon.xconf (or was it
web.xml?).

>     ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).getCharacterEncoding() returns null

This is because no browser sets the character encoding header of the
request.

> My server runs also under Windows.
>
> Is this a bug?
> Shouldn't be UTF-8 the default encoding?

The encoding for reading the request (n) should be the same as for
serializing the response (n-1).

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding

Joerg