cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:06:30 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Ugo Cei wrote:
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>There is bugzilla for this. Why we need to distribute a file in a mail list?
>>>

>>Because it often happens that when a user has a problem, the reply is of
>>the kind: please send to the list a copy of the
>>{XML,XSP,XSLT,flowscript} you are using so that we can more easily
>>diagnose your problem. Of course, they could just paste a relevant
>>snippet inline, but this is not always practical. And you wouldn't want
>>to post an issue to bugzilla whenever a newbie misspells some instruction.
>>

>Why not? The Bugzilla issue can be just closed later.
>
>I believe that Antonio is correct. I don't want such junk
>sitting forever in my local email archives.

Can understand you there but I reckon if you are a "dumb" (no offense
implied) user that is overkill! As an user you want attach a file that's
it.

The other thing is that the bugzilla is IMO for issues concerning the
product. Mispelling and other "simple" errors are not issues of the product.

thorsten