cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nick <goup...@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject Re: Accessing authentication/ID through JX Generator
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:52:59 GMT
Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for your reply. It seems like there is a neat
alternative solutions. The user name (as well as other authentication
info, like role) can be accessed by referencing the ID element:

     <!-- Take submitted form and write it into the RSS file -->
     <map:match pattern="addNewsItem">
         <map:act type="auth-protect">
		    <map:parameter name="handler" value="portal-handler"/>

		    <map:generate type="jx" src="updateRssQuery.xml">
		        <map:parameter name="userId" value="{ID}"/>
		    </map:generate>
		    <!-- map:transform type="xmldb"/ -->
             <map:serialize type="xml"/>
         </map:act>
     </map:match>

Notice the authentication action, without it ID will not be available.

To access this parameter within the JX template use this:

<author>${cocoon.parameters.userId}</author>

However, passing user name as a request parameter is just as good.

Thank you very much once again.

Sincerely,
ng.