cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Verboom <patrick.verb...@juwimm.com>
Subject using jython/python for cocoon cform flow
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:30:24 GMT
Hi,

I am not a big fan of JavaScript but I am of python. So I would like to
use jython/python instead of JavaScript.
Is there any documentation of how to do this? Some examples maybe?

Or can someone give me some answers on the hand of a small example here.
The following example is in JavaScript

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/v2/Form.js");

function showShoppingCart() {
    var form = new Form("shoppingcart.xml");
    var wid = form.getWidget();

    //accessing the repeater to set the values
    wid.cart[0].Stk.value = "1";
    wid.cart[0].Title.value =  "a title";
    wid.cart[1].Stk.value =  "2";
    wid.cart[1].Title.value =  "a second title";

    wid.buttonName = "Order";
    form.setBookmark();

    // showForm() repeatedly sends the form to the browser and doesn't
return until validation is complete.
    form.showForm("shoppingcart-display-pipeline");
}

How would you rewrite this to jython/python? What module do I need to
load? How can i create a Form and set the values in the repeater? how do
i show the form? etc. questions over question :-)

Does someone have any experience in using jython as a flow script?

Thanks in advance for the help
Greetings
Patrick Verboom