cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Flow Tutorial and JX Naming Conventions
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:37:40 GMT
Brent Johnson wrote:

> After finally giving up on XSP since its pretty much deprecated in
> Cocoon anyways.. I decided to try control flow.  I dont like server
> side Javascript.. but hey.. continuation ROCKS I must say.
>
> The flow tutorial (both on cocoon.apache.org and distributed with
> cocoon 2.1.5) apparently has a typo in it (I noticed one other mention
> on the mailing list about this).
>
> The user is told to create a file documents/guess.jx and later in the
> flow script it calls sendPageAndWait("guess.jxt",...).  This doesnt
> work since the file is actually called guess.jx and not jxt.
>
> What is the current naming convention for JXTemplates?  Should they be
> JXT or JX?  Is there an accepted standard or is it just mixed.. some
> people use one some the other?

I don't think it matters as long as you're consistent.  Remember, the
sendPageAndWait() call triggers a *pipeline* request, not a file
request.  I could be wrong, but the sitemap in the tutorial might be
setup to generate on *.jx:

<map:match pattern="*.jx">
  <map:generate type="jxtemplate" src="docs/{1}.jxt"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

The URLs are decoupled, albeit in a sort of goofy way.  If that's not
how it's setup, then it is a typo... feel free to submit a patch :)

> Also - anyone have any idea if Flowscript would be useful at all for
> SOAP requests?  Since an actual browser isnt being used to access the
> pipeline I wonder if its even worth it.  Anyone implemented(ing)
> Cocoon to process SOAP requests using control flow?

Not that I know of.

Tony