cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norm...@comsine.co.uk>
Subject Re: OGC WMS + WFS Geographic Generators
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:46:37 GMT
Luca Morandini wrote:

> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>

>> PS yes extending abstractgenerator seems like the thing to do. But
>> have a look at geoid first, maybe they have added a more GIS like
>> abstraction to the generator. ( a generic GISGenerator base class
>> would indeed be nice)
>

> Non need to look: we didn't build a GISGemerator ;)
>
> We've used a Transformer for the current connector with ArcIMS because
> it uses XML as input for both contents AND style parameters (sort of
> SLD and WMS rolled into one XML document), and outputs an XML fragment
> with features or/and URI to raster map... with WMS/WFS a generator may
> be more suitable though.
>
> Saluti,

Thanks for all the help,

I will get Geoid from CVS, and contribute to that (I might need some
help making my code suitable for the
pedigree of an Apache project though :-) ).

I agree that using SLDs for the WFS makes sense.

The comment on the WMS not being too much use, I was thinking of
extending Cocoon ImageReader class
to reduce the image, extract bytes etc (some clients require a byte
stream within two XML tags).

Again if anyone wants to help me, then give me a mail.  I think the WFS
generator should be very quick to do.

Many thanks,

Norman