cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stone <ast...@brightlane.com>
Subject SOAP call
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:34:03 GMT
Hello all,

I hesitate posting on this board so early in my research, but this has
become quite annoying.

I am very new to Cocoon, and have just finished rewriting most of our
intranet with this framework.  However, I wish to use SOAP to get stock
information.  The problem most likely lies with too many unknowns for me
at this time.  Therefore I'm not sure whether it's simply
incorrect/incomplete XSP syntax or my misunderstanding of the WSDL (link
is at bottom of email).

Here is the very simple xsp:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsp:page language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
          xmlns:soap="http://apache.org/xsp/soap/3.0">

  <page title="Main">
    <soap:call url="http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx">
      <GetQuote>
        <symbol>tstf</symbol>
      </GetQuote>
    </soap:call>
  </page>
</xsp:page>

And the response I receive:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  <soap:Body>
    <soap:Fault>
      <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
      <faultstring>Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .</faultstring>
      <detail></detail>
    </soap:Fault>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I definitely feel the issue is my lack of understanding of the WSDL (
http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx?WSDL ) because the SOAP test
site (http://www.soapclient.com/soaptest.html) i'm using has no problem
with execution.

If it my lack of understanding of the WSDL, then please disregard this
(I know this isn't the appropriate forum).

I am having difficulty finding documentation on SOAPAction as it relates
to Cocoon to see where my problem lies.  Any help is much appreciated,
until then I'll continue to read up on the WSDL specification from the W3C.

thank you,
andy

Note: I did see the example "Stock Ticker" that came with the cocoon
distribution, but the "Terms of Use" was a little vague.  Therefore we
are trying a different site.

--
Andrew Stone
astone@brightlane.com