cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Caching JXTemplate
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:42:51 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Upayavira dijo:
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>Upayavira dijo:

>>>Hi:
>>>
>>>In the CVS the JXTG includes a patch that cache the compiled JXTG source.
>>>That way a second run is only interpreted. Before the patch JXTG compiled
>>>and then interpreted the JXT source file.
>>>
>>>Is this what you are expecting?
>>>

>>This is not what I was suggesting. The patch that I understand has been
>>made allows the caching system to decide whether or not to cache the
>>page. Hence, generation is avoided completely if necessary (of course
>>the page needs to be interpreted to identify the caching details, but
>>much less work is required than if full generation takes place.
>>

>I am not sure if this was coded after the discussion. Can you provided
>info about the status of that?

Surely you couldn't have missed it. You committed it:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/JXTemplateGenerator.java?r1=1.46&r2=1.47

Now reviewing the patch, I can't imagine how this is going to work. Both
cache key and validity objects that are passed in via the context seem
to be returned without augmenting them. AFAICS they should be combined
with a key identifying the src of the generator and the validity of that
src respectively in order to work.

--
Unico