cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Caching JXTemplate
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:43:32 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Upayavira dijo:
>

>>Alan wrote:
>>

>>>   I'm wondering if there is a way to cache JXTemplate, or any
>>>   ordinarily uncachable pipeline, maybe from flowscript, by teling
>>>   Cocoon that for this URL this pipeline will not change.
>>>
>>>   I have a JXTemplate that generates some XML based on request
>>>   parameters, and for a given query string, it will always produce
>>>   the same XML output.
>>>
>>>Thank You.
>>>

>>JXTemplateGenerator in CVS is cachable now.
>>
>>See:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108607750303449&w=2 for
>>the original 'spec' that is what I believe has been implemented.
>>

>Hi:
>
>In the CVS the JXTG includes a patch that cache the compiled JXTG source.
>That way a second run is only interpreted. Before the patch JXTG compiled
>and then interpreted the JXT source file.
>
>Is this what you are expecting?

This is not what I was suggesting. The patch that I understand has been
made allows the caching system to decide whether or not to cache the
page. Hence, generation is avoided completely if necessary (of course
the page needs to be interpreted to identify the caching details, but
much less work is required than if full generation takes place.

Regards, Upayavira