cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Multipage forms and XML binding
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 12:13:57 GMT
On 02.07.2004 14:03, Karim ALKHADER wrote:

> I'm using Cocoon 2.1.5, I tried CForm and XMLBinding and this allows really powerfull
things.
> The problem I'm facing with is when I want to create an XML document from several forms.
> I did it having one form defintion file, several form template files and as many binding
files.
> However I don't think this answer is convenient, it would be better to have only one
binding file
> (1 form definition, 1 XML document, 1 binding file).

Think so too.

> I didn't manage to do it because elements from model which are not in a form template
are consider
> to be null when saving (with something like "myform.save(mydocument)" in the flowscript)...
> It's possible to make these elements hidden in the form but this is not convenient too...

As their values are read from request though.

> So I don't really know what to do, maybe there is something possible with fb:javascript

> or fb:custom in the binding file...

IMO that's not an issue of the binding, but of the form processing. You
must prevent the form from processing the widgets that are not available
at the moment. At the moment this is only doable using the union widget
(http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/TimLarson). The cases are then 'page1',
'page2' and so on.

> There is also the new flowscript API and an example with multipage form but nothing about
XML binding.

> Thanks for any ideas.
> Hope what I wrote was almost clear and correct.

Yes, it was very clear :)

Joerg