cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to access Session/Request object inside Transformer class
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:21:59 GMT
On 02.07.2004 08:28, Robin Wyles wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I may be looking at this too simplistically, or missing part of your
> problem, but it appears to me that you are trying to achieve all this in
> one pipeline, when two would be easier.
>
> 1st pipeline:
> 1. Generate the xml
> 2. Transform using xsl
> 3. Serialize into html, with the src of your image tag pointing to 2nd
> matcher
>
> 2nd pipeline:
> 1. Generate xml
> 2. Transform into image stream (I assume that you don't actually have to
> save it to disk)

And if I understand it correctly the XML of both pipelines (1.) is the
same, isn't it? That's were the FragmentExtractor comes into play: The
transformer matches on specific elements in the XML, extracts them,
replaces them with image elements and an href pointing to the XML
extract. The extract is stored temporarily. When the browser displays
the HTML from pipeline 1 it immediatly requests the images with their
hrefs. Now the generator comes into play: with the unique href pointing
to a specific xml extract the image can be generated.

The FragmentExtractor can be found in the batik block, so have you to
include this one. Unfortunately there is not much documentation available:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/extractor-transformer.html
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/generators/extractor-generator.html
But if my description above seems to match your requirements, I can help
you to get it running.

Joerg