cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Multiple HTML page output
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:12:26 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 01.07.2004 09:30, Lincoln Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a web site generated by cocoon but need to have cocoon output all
>> HTML as files to a directory. These resulting files will then be but
>> on the
>> server (unfortunately Cocoon cannot be used on this server).
>>
>> [...]
>

> You should have a look on the command line interface CLI:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/index.html
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine
>
> Joerg

Jupp, the CLI is the way to go.

For example forrest (http://forrest.apache.org) use the CLI to generate
static html out of the documentation that are written in xml.

The basic idea is to use the cocoon-crawler to generate your cocoon page
and output static-html pages. Afterwards you can copy that result to
your webserver. You can use a cron job to
1) create static html
2) deploy that to another server
so you don't have to do this yourself ;-).

Have a look at forrest, it comes with the forrestbot that can assist you
in what you are trying to do.

HTH
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la InformaciĆ³n S.A.U.