cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Velychko <v_pe...@ukr.net>
Subject Re: cocoon and hibernate sessions
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:51:49 GMT
Hello Jeremy,

> On 1 Jul 2004, at 14:30, Peter Velychko wrote:

>> Hello Upayavira,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.
>>
>>> That could work, but it would be working round, rather than working
>>> with, Cocoon. You would also be buffering your output, which is best
>>> avoided.
>> Yes, this is workaround. But why whole DOM tree caching is so bad idea?

> off the top of my head :

> 1) it makes lazy-initialisation useless, because I assume everything
> would always get read from the DB regardless of whether you need it in
> the view-layer or not
In case of one uses large model wich can be updated I think
lazy-initialisation is usefull because it helps to save system
resources during regenerating response.

> 2) I (for one) have data models that if they are not lazy initialised
> would actually load every record in the database, because everything is
> ultimately linked.

> 3) you could end up with circular dependencies from (2) that make an
> infinitely large DOM
Yes it is fairly. There is some risk.

> 4) there are much better ways of doing it IMHO ;)
Yes I think there are a lot of ways to go.
It was only idea for discussing :)

> So it would depend on your data model as to how well this worked.

> HTH

> regards Jeremy

>                    If email from this address is not signed
>                                  IT IS NOT FROM ME

>                          Always check the label, folks !!!!!

Best regards,
Peter Velychko