cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Load Cocoon servers
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:00:23 GMT
Yves Vindevogel dijo:
> I can run on space ship on slackware with 1 mb  ;-))
>
> Problem is that I need to make the bid before the application.
> So any hints would be nice.
>
> So you would go for more RAM in the machine right away ?

For sure 1 Megabyte will not be enough to run tomcat + linux. We made some
tests last year in a PII 266 MHz with 96 MB and that was very slow! We
needed to wait some minuts to get the servlet container running..... I
think that 1 MB is a total crazy bet. ;-)

Seriously, We have systems running nice on 512 MB and no problems at all.
1 GB is better (we use 1 GB for the development server) and 2 GB even
better. I never used a 2 GB config for a cocoon application, but this is
my own case, your needs can be diferents. It depends on various factors
as:

1- How many users are you targetting.
2- DB size

The idea is to distribute the RAM between Cocoon and the database to get
the best performance.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo