cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Swearingen <gaudim...@yahoo.com>
Subject Processing a particular pipeline before every other pipeline?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:05:41 GMT
I need to run some cookie generation code (in a pipeline) before any of my web pages are processed.
 That is, I've got several pipelines, but I want this particular pipeline to run before any
of the others are executed.  Obviously, I don't want to have to modify every existing pipeline,
and all subsequent new pipelines.  I imagine that this code will be an Action or XSP, but
that's really besides the point: this is more of a pipeline question as I see it.

(I knew how to do this in Struts, but haven't seen anything like this so far in my first few
months of using Cocoon.  In web applications I've written this type of thing is normally needed
for authentication  -- e.g. make sure every request goes through the authentication servlet
before it hits any other servlet...)

Does anyone know how to do this?