cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Terry Brick <terry_brick2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't bind query parameters in SQLTransformer??
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:16:26 GMT
Thanks for the info.  It at least helps me understand where other cocoon users are coming from.
use OJB on a struts project and it works great for that app where I'm doing a lot of database
writing from form entries, etc.  However, I never like OJB for query intensive apps.... which
is
exactly what I'm using Cocoon for.  This app will do little-to-no writing to the database
but I
will need to be unrestricted in my SQL query capabilities.
As for parameter binding, yeah, it's not absolutely essential, and there are workarounds.
 I see
it kind of as if I was looking at luxury cars....  If someone told me the car didn't have
a most
basic feature like power windows, I'd just assume that it's probably missing a lot of other
things.
And that's why Cocoon worries me.. I still think it's great, but I'm a little concerned about
what's around the corner as I get more and more involved in it.