cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Java Developer <develop4f...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to access Session/Request object inside Transformer class
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 22:17:04 GMT
Hi All,

I am writing a webbapp which generates charts inside a dynamically
generated html page using cocoon and fins block.

My problem is I m looking for a simpler way so that, in a pipeline, I
should be able to :

1. Generate the xml //Done ..not a problem
2. Transform into image stream // partially done...that is THE PROBLEM
3. Get the original xml back //Done..not a problem
4. Transform using xsl//Done..not a problem
5. Serialize into html //with image tag that points to step 2 generated
image.

Currently I m saving the image generated in step 2 and html is reading
it..which includes an IO operation(which i obiviously want to avoid).

Other way could be storing the image stream into session by modifying
step 2 transformer, later rendering the image using servlet or
jsp.(which is again a server call..but should be faster than IO, love
to know any better way of doing it)

My first question is how to access http request or session inside
cocoon transformer, and second is Am I trying to reinvent the wheel
again ? is anybody has a better way for displaying image in an html
page using cocoon in the current scenario ??

Thanks much for your help and suggestions.

I apologize being so fussy sounding too demanding.

=====
- Java Developer