cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tim O'Leary <TOle...@civica.com.au>
Subject Any convenient way to embed external pages?
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:10:39 GMT
Original message from taabpr

Hi all,
It is a little bit connected with my previous mail (html generator with
'post'), but much general question.
I have to embed some external content into existing page (a portlet) - to be
more complex: they are forms with images.
So what I imaging is:
in sitemap:
        <map:match pattern="integratedata/*">
            <map:call resource="http://external_location/{1}" />
            <map:serialize/>
        </map:match>

So it takes care of all requests, + GET + POST.
Unfortunately it doesn't work with map:call.

My current solution is:

        <map:match pattern="integratedata/data*">
            <map:generate type="html"
src="http://localhost:8080/xxx/data{1}?{request:queryString}"/>
            <map:serialize type="html"/>
        </map:match>

     <map:match pattern="integratedata/*.gif">
                <map:read mime-type="images/gif"
src="http://localhost:8080/xxx/{1}.gif"/>
        </map:match>

Drawbacks:
1. I've to use GET method. How to move to POST?
2. Diferent matchers for different content.
3. When source changes I have to adjust to it (new reader, etc)

The first drawback could be really problem when form sends too much data
- GET has limited uri.

Is there any way to simply achieve this? Any block?
Thanks,
    Tom

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any attachments,
is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally
privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is intended
solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received in
error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system
immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted with
it are those of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the views of
Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or obligations
whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be concluded on
behalf of Civica by email.
Please note that neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility
for any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the
attachments (if any). All email received and sent by Civica may be monitored
to protect the business interests of Civica.