cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Karim ALKHADER <karim.alkha...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Multipage forms and XML binding
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:03:26 GMT
Hello,

I'm a student, new user of Cocoon.
I'm using Cocoon 2.1.5, I tried CForm and XMLBinding and this allows really powerfull things.
The problem I'm facing with is when I want to create an XML document from several forms.
I did it having one form defintion file, several form template files and as many binding files.
However I don't think this answer is convenient, it would be better to have only one binding
file
(1 form definition, 1 XML document, 1 binding file).
I didn't manage to do it because elements from model which are not in a form template are
consider
to be null when saving (with something like "myform.save(mydocument)" in the flowscript)...
It's possible to make these elements hidden in the form but this is not convenient too...
So I don't really know what to do, maybe there is something possible with fb:javascript
or fb:custom in the binding file...
There is also the new flowscript API and an example with multipage form but nothing about
XML binding.

Thanks for any ideas.
Hope what I wrote was almost clear and correct.

Regards

Karim