cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Philippe Guillard <pguill...@soociety.com>
Subject Re: AW: unescaping xml in XSP-page
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:38:25 GMT
Hi 

In can't unescape XML in my XSP page, even after looking this mail
response. 
<util:include-expr expr="_xml"/> for me gives this error
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
_xml contains actually '<b>hello</b>'
I use xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0"

Somebody any idea ?

Regards,

Phil

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 03:44, Rob Gregory wrote:
> I was also having a similar problem and like most trawled Google and the
> news lists looking for an answer. Most topics suggested using
> include-expr which I tried in the following format
> 
> <util:include-expr>_xml</util:include-expr> <!-- _xml is my string -->
> 
> As suggested in the posts which didn't work...
> 
> Also tried
> <util:include-expr><xsp:expr>_xml</xsp:expr></util:include-expr>
> & loads of other routes...
> 
> Eventually I had a look at the util XSLT and found that the string you
> want included should be specified as an expr attribute as follows:-
> 
>       String _xml = xmlUtil.getXML(_text); <!-- xmlUtil is my class -->
>       <util:include-expr expr="_xml"/>
> 
> This worked great for me so might be worth a try if like myself you have
> been misled from some posting on the net.
> 
> Hope this helps
> Rob
> 
> > 
> > I seem to be having a very simular issue.
> > I have a method which returns generated dhtml, and all of the 
> > '<' and '>'
> > are also replaced with '&lt;' and '&gt;'. Any ideas?
> > -Mel
> > 
> > 
> > On 11.02.2004 09:45, Erik Hofstra wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi all,
> > > 
> > > I have a problem with my xml-string. From a XSP-page i call 
> > a JavaClass
> > > which makes a SOAP-call. The JavaClass returns a XML document in
> > > String type.
> > > When i place this string in my page with <xsp:expr> the '<' 
> > and '>' of the
> > > XML string are replaced with '&lt;' and '&gt;'. Because of this
> > replacement
> > > the transformer doesn't 'recognize' the tags.
> > > I tried <util:include-expr>, unescapeXml, unescapeHtml and even the
> > > string.replaceAll() method (:S) but nothing helps.
> > > 
> > > Does anyone knows how to solve this problem or has an idea?
> > > 
> > > Thanks!
> > > Erik
> > > 
> > > btw, here is a piece of my XSP code:
> > > <xsp:logic>
> > >     String xmlString = soapCall.doSOAPCall();
> > > </xsp:logic>
> > > 
> > > <xsp:expr>xmlString</xsp:expr>
> > 
> > There are get-xml or getxml elements somewhere. Somebody else can 
> > probably tell you how to use them exactly, I never used them.
> > 
> > Joerg
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message