cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Binding to an fd:booleanfield
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:18:39 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 12:55, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Bruno> plain is the right one
>
>     Bruno> The above doesn't show where you put that element.
>

>     Bruno>  Anyway, it's explained over here:
>     Bruno> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/binding.html#fb%3Avalue
>
> Not very well, I think, as I can't see any mention of a boolean
> datatype.

That page only explains the concept of using convertors in the binding,
the actual available datatypes are listed at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/forms/datatypes.html

though boolean happens to be not there.

>     Bruno> so you have to add a datatype element also.

I meant attribute instead of element.

> Where?
>
> I've tried this without sucess.:
>
>   <fb:on-bind>
>         <!-- executed on updates AND right after the insert -->
>       <fb:value id="date" path="@date" />
>       <fb:value id="start-time"  path="@time"  />
>       <fb:value id="finish-time"     path="@finish-at" />
>       <fb:value id="suppression"     path="boolean(@suppress-recurring)">
> 	<fb:converter datatype="boolean" type="plain"/>
>       </fb:value>
>       <fb:value id="title"     path="title"     />
>       <fb:value id="location"     path="location"     />
>     </fb:on-bind>

Well, this is exactly why you should have posted what you tried in the
first message, otherwise I could keep guessing.

The problem is the following:
path="boolean(@suppress-recurring)"

the path element must address a location (element/attribute) in you XML
file. The expression you defined returns a boolean.

So it should be:
path="@suppress-recurring"

The convertor looks good.