cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gfrerer Richard" <Richard.Gfre...@t-systems.at>
Subject AW: How to prevent to open a new browser instance
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:46:56 GMT

just a suggestion.

richard

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stephanie Zohner [mailto:stephanie.zohner@gmx.at]
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Juli 2004 12:11
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: How to prevent to open a new browser instance

Hi all,

My problem is maybe not directly related to cocoon, but since I develop my Web application
with Cocoon I#m looking for a best practice solution there.

My Probelm is the folowing:

I must prevent the user from opening a new browser window after entering my application. The
reason is that if he does so the two windows refer to the same session, in other words they
share the session and all its content and this causes a lot of problems.

What's the best way to handle this problem?

I thought about the request haeder attribute "referer", but this is not applicable. They are
identical in both instances of the browser. I would prefer a server side solution rather than
a client side (javascript) solution.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences in that topic with me

Stephanie

*2*

Hinweis: Dieses E-mail kann vertrauliche und geschützte Informationen enthalten.
Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sein, verständigen Sie bitte den Absender
und löschen Sie dieses E-mail dann sofort.

Notice: This e-mail contains information that is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and then delete this e-mail
immediately.