cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: global variables from file?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:54:54 GMT
5.7.2004 kello 19:55, Stephan Coboos kirjoitti:
>> is it possible to load global variables from file?
> I don't know wether it is what you want, but you can use the
> PropertiesFileModule or the XMLFileModule to access config datas
> coming from a (local) file:

seems not to be what I'm looking for or I just don't know how to
implement that.

on sitemap.xmap file there can be:

    <global-variables>
       <!--+
           | Define global parameters here:
           |   <skin>my_skin</skin>
           | You can access them by {global:*name*}, e.g. {global:skin}.
           | These values are inherited into sub-sitemaps and can
           | be extended there.
           +-->
    </global-variables>

I would like these global-variables to be loaded from a xml-file or
from properties file, or what ever file, as long as I can load them
from file and signal cocoon that the file has changed.

then I could do in sitemap like this:

<transform src="templates/{global:skin}/template.xsl" />

- Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *