cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: flowscript and databaseActions
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:34:16 GMT
Nick

I am currently trying to get grips with using Hibernate, based
off of Hugo Burms samples placed on the Wiki (search: Hibernate).
I have managed to get the XSP and Authenticate samples up
and running.  I have attempted to convert the Woody sample
to work with CForms - see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CformsHibernateAndFlow
but cannot get it working.  In any case, this is a fairly crude sample
with only a very basic save facility.

My question to you: would you consider placing some working code
that demos the full CRUD cycle, with CForms and Flow and Hibernate,
on the Wiki.  If there is something you have that needs "tidying up"
I can try and help with this - it does seem that Hibernate offers a
good solution, but a solid, working demo offers far more proof than
a thousand email opinions!

Thanks...
Derek

>>> Nick.VandenBleeken@pandora.be 2004/06/16 10:16:21 PM >>>
Stephane,

My choice would be Hibernate. I'm currently using it for a project and
till
now it seems to be a very good choice.
You can simply load and save your objects to a relational database
using
Hibernate. And use the data binding framework to load/save the beans to
your
CForms.

Nick