cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Multivaluefield - getting values in JXTemplate?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:06:16 GMT
I am having problems displaying the results of a
multivaluefield selection (CForms and flow script in
Cocoon 2.1.5).

The form has a multivaluefield widget called "theme".

The form is created and displayed in the usual way; I am
trying the following code to extract the values selected:

  var model = form.getModel();
  var atheme = form.getChild("theme");
  cocoon.sendPage("jxpage", { "atheme":atheme, "theme":model.theme
});

The "jxpage" looks like this:

  <head>
    <title>Report successful</title>
  </head>
    Report was successful for ${theme} and ${atheme}
  <ul>
  <jx:forEach var="thisTheme" items="theme">
    <li>Selection: ${theme.current}</li>
  </jx:forEach>
  <jx:forEach var="thisTheme" items="theme">
    <li>A Selection: ${atheme.current}</li>
  </jx:forEach>
  </ul>

And the output looks like:

Report was successful for
org.apache.cocoon.forms.flow.javascript.ScriptableWidget@12a585c and
org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.MultiValueField@10f3801
* Selection:
* A Selection:

How do I go about getting the values selected in the
multivaluefield?  (And if you know this, then perhaps you
can help with multi-check boxes and radio groups?)

Derek

PS It may be worth considering "upgrading" the samples
shipped with Cocoon so they demo this... for example, the
samples/blocks/forms/form2bean.flow
has multivalue field in the form, but the results of the
selection are not shonw in the jx-drive "success" page!

believed to be clean.