cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject CForms+Hibernate+Flow
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:24:53 GMT
I have created a Wiki page
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CformsHibernateAndFlow
that contains essentially the same approach as
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyHibernateAndFlow
but is setup to work with CForms, rather than Woody.
The code has also been adapted but, as stated clearly
on the page, is not working... I am not sufficiently
clued-up on all the details of the different parts of
this sample to see *why* it's not working, and would
appreciate any help getting it running.

I know that there are other approaches to getting data
from CForms persisted into a database (e.g. OJB) but it
seems to me that getting Cocoon to "play nicely" with
the really clean implementation offered by Hibernate is
a key aspect in securing Cocooon's use as a valid
technology for serious web-application development.

Ideally, this simple sample should be taken forward even
further to match some of the samples shown on the Hibernate
site, that show the use Struts as the controller/front end.

Comments, suggestions?

Derek

believed to be clean.