cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: AW: Internationalised text not being updated?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:52:28 GMT
Jasper

Thanks, yes, I am using 2.1.5.

Derek

>>> jasper.m@gmx.net 2004/06/04 03:33:35 PM >>>
I posted a similar question a while ago, and I got a response that the
reloading of catalogue-files was only recently implemented (version
2.14).

Jasper Michalczik

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. Juni 2004 15:23
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Internationalised text not being updated?

On 04.06.2004 15:02, Derek Hohls wrote:

> Um - I am not understanding what you are saying;
> when and how will the "cache invalidation" occur;
> and if it is not happening, there must be something that
> is required to set it off ...?  Otherwise, how can the
> application be considered to be "dynamic"... a user
> should be able to "refresh" a page and automatically
> see *any* changes.

Not that long ago the bundles with all those i18n messages were loaded
only once at start up or first access, they could never be reloaded on a

running instance, you had to redeploy Cocoon or restart the server.

Now this should no longer be necessary as they are cacheable like other
components too. A change to one of the messages should be immediatly
available in the application/on the page. Now you said exactly this does

not work for you and you refered to cache-at-startup. I said it works
for me and that it should not be related to cache-at-startup as this
only influences the initialization time (at startup or first access).
The problem might be (said very sweepingly) to error prone cache
invalidation, i.e. it is not correctly recognized that a message has
changed (which is probably based on the file's last modification
timestamp). Unfortunately I can not provide a solution. You might ask
Vadim (he implemented it IIRC) for some more details, he is on IRC at
the moment.

Hope this clearifies the misunderstandings.

Joerg

believed to be clean.