cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Is this good practice? [Was - Re: Newbie: How to capture XML from custom class? ]
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 07:50:43 GMT
Bertrand

Is there a concrete example in the Cocoon samples
(or the Wiki)  that "fleshes out" this approach in a little
more detail?

Thanks
Derek

>>> bdelacretaz@apache.org 2004/06/03 09:02:31 AM >>>
Le 3 juin 04, à 08:12, Adam Walsh a écrit :
> ... in my case I did try using flow, but ran into a wall using
> JXTemplate to spit out the XML from my Java object:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
> users&m=108415092708767&w=2...

If you have an XML *string* that you want JXTemplate to output as XML,
you need to parse the string and convert it to a DOM Document object.

You can use the Cocoon parser component from Flow to build a DOM, and
pass it to JX in the sendPage arguments.

>  If anyone has any ideas on how I can get around the escaping of the <
> and > then I would glady ditch the XSP :)

Happy ditching ;-)

-Bertrand

believed to be clean.