cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christoph Wieseke" <virtual...@gmx.net>
Subject Generated SVG -> CSS/Stylesheet Processing Instruction Problem
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:54:07 GMT
hi all,

i got some strange problem, maybe someone has made
this experience before and know a solution.

i generate a dynamic svg document via xsl-transformer
and write it to disk with the source-write transformer,
for later delivery to the client.

so my problem is that i can't insert anything in the svg
file to reference an external css stylesheet.

i tried:
<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="mystyle.css"
type="text/css"</xsl:processing-instruction>

which should be the common way, but if i check the
generated svg file, it only contains two PI's
the regulary <?xml...  one and the generated
stylesheet one. but nothing else.
by the way my opera and IE seem to crash.

without the
<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="mystyle.css"
type="text/css"</xsl:processing-instruction>
my svg and the browser is fine.

so my question: is there maybe another way to get the genarated
svg file refernce an external css or is there a way to get
the PI for the stylesheet written into the svg in a clean way.

is this  a possible problem of the source write transformer?
in one test the transformer reported the element (the pi) should not
been there, but i cant the remember the configuration.

my svg get's delivered by that:
<map:match pattern="*.svg">
	<map:generate type="file" src="maps/{1}.svg"/>
	<map:serialize type="svgxml"/>
</map:match>

i even tried a simple reader, no difference here.

bye the way i use cocoon 2.1.3 on windows with tomcat 5.0.19
behind an apache2.

thanks for taking troubles.
Christoph