cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Re: Lets Not Go Big Game Hunting!
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:53:45 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> I'm
> starting to wonder whether Cocoon's dual nature, an XML-based publishing
> engine living together with a rapidly-evolving Web application platform,
> isn't dragging us down.

I beg to differ: the web is inherently dual, and Cocoon merely reflects
this.

I mean, most of the web is used just for publishing information, and
only a portion of it is for interacting with applications.
Therefore, this duality in Cocoon suits the web model just fine.

This is, after all, the beauty of the web: you can flip though the pages
of a book and then order it using the same user interface... all in a
visually appealing package: try that with a client-server app !

Regards,