cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volkm@r" <plsdontre...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: Howto suppress cinclude namespace
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:18:20 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 17.06.2004 11:36, Volkm@r wrote:
>
>> Removing the surplus namespace afterwards is  what I am doing right now.
>> My idea was to avoid it by configuring CincludeTransformer instead of
>> having an extra step for just only stripping namespace after
>> transformation.
>

> Though it should be possible to filter out this particular namespace
> declaration it can lead to invalid XML, when you have additional
> elements in the cinclude namespace that are not handled by
> cincludetransformer. Additionally the namespace handling is a very
> dangerous field for such optimizations as it is highly processor and
> processor version dependent, so Cocoon has to take care for the weakest
> one.
>
> Joerg

Hi Joerg,

I try to understand the part of »invalid XML« but it seems to be a quite
complicated matter. Could you please give me an example what you mean by
   »additional elements in the cinclude namespace«?
Is it additional elements in my 'cincluded' content or something else?

 From the API documentation about CincludeTransformer, I knew that I can
wrap cincluded content in a new element and even define the namespace of
this wrapping element.

I clearly understand that CincludeTransformer needs cindlude namespace
in the _input_ to recognize the elements to be processed. But as
CincludeTransformer during transformation completely replaces those
elements with the cincluded content, I don't see any reason why cinclude
namespace should be copied to the _output_.

Thanks for your help
--
Volkmar W. Pogatzki