cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: request for CLI-only build
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:12:40 GMT
> Just as Cocoon can work as the center for all kinds of different web apps
> and transformations, it could also, I think, work as a transformation hub
> for non-web apps.  Sure, one could use Xerces/Xalan separately, and FOP
That is my vision as well, and it is how i am (ab)using cocoon at the
moment, a transformation hub for apps that (forcibly) connect via http
to cocoon.

> separately, and Lucene separately, and POI separately, etc.  But Cocoon
> tries to be a one-stop-shopping kind of product, and I think it could be
> refactored so that it could more easily be used for lots of non-web apps.
I saw an effort once for an RMI based server using cocoon, so it must be
somehow doable. <digging.......>
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/tutorial/tutorial-rmi-generator.html

> In requesting a cli-only build, I guess I'm really asking for a future
> release to have more effort put into improving/streamlining the command-line
> functionality of Cocoon.
Do you mean the CLI functionality or the underlying cocoon bean? But i
guess these two really go hand-in-hand anyway...

> Tom
Jorg