cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Jones" <JAjo...@weather.com>
Subject Re: [esql] Unhandled exception type SQLException
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:38:48 GMT

Christina,

I had the same problem when I started using ESQL. What you're missing is that
you need a top-level element of your own as the first and only child of
<xsp:page>. So try moving your "users" element higher up the tree:

<xsp:page language="java"...>
    <users>
        <esql:connection>
            <esql:results>
                <esql:row-results>
                </esql:row-results>
            </esql:results>
        </esql:connection>
    </users>
</xsp:page>

Give that a try.

</Jeff>

                      "Christina"

                      <lechaelnah@hotma        To:       <users@cocoon.apache.org>

                      il.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  [esql] Unhandled exception type SQLException

                      06/27/2004 08:20

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

    Very simple query, but doesn't work. :(
    My cocoon is 2.1.4 and my jdk is 1.4.2. I am using mysql. The same query
    works fine with sql transformer.

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp" xmlns:esql="
    http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
    <esql:connection>
      <esql:pool>MYDB</esql:pool>
      <esql:execute-query>
        <esql:query>select uid from users</esql:query>
        <esql:results>
        <users>
          <esql:row-results>
            <user>
               <login><esql:get-string column="uid"/></login>
            </user>
          </esql:row-results>
         </users>
        </esql:results>
        <esql:no-results>
        </esql:no-results>
         <esql:error-results>
           There is error happened
       </esql:error-results>
    </esql:connection>
    </xsp:page>

    Error message:

    Original Exception: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
    Error compiling mydb_xsp:
    ERROR 1 (org\apache\cocoon\www\han\esql\mydb_xsp.java):
        if (_esql_query != null) {
          _esql_queries.push(_esql_query);
        }

    // start error (lines 306-306) "Unhandled exception type SQLException"
        _esql_query = _esql_connection.createQuery(

    // end error
                 String.valueOf(""),
                 String.valueOf(
          ""