cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: iam confuse there's alot of tools to implement.
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:12:08 GMT
Il giorno 25/giu/04, alle 05:45, andi ha scritto:

> i see but it's just overview, i see cocoon using avalon frameworks and
> cforms to put that things together i don't know, and i think because
> cforms
> is not stable it's good if we learn avalon to make things in cocoon
> more
> stable.

You don't need to know about Avalon to use CForms. You don't need to
know Avalon just to use the components that Cocoon offers, like
generators, transformers, serializers. Heck, I think you don't need to
know Avalon to develop 99% of the kind of applications that you might
want to develop with Cocoon.

You need to know a little bit of Avalon only if you want to write
components that extend Cocoon.

If you want to see a sample of the kind of applications you'd be
traditionally developing with EJBs and Struts, but done with Cocoon and
lighter-weight tools like Spring and Hibernate, have a look at this
[1]. It's not complete but it's a good starting point.

	Ugo

[1] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SpringPetstore

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/