cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nanda" <hite...@hitechengineer.com>
Subject Re: cocoon install
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:47:32 GMT
Did you try "sh ./build.sh"?

If not, edit the build.sh to supply "-x" flag.
Eg.
#!/bin/sh -x

This will run the script in debug mode and can help find out the
actual error.

> I got the same problem today in a lab totally unrelated to cocoon.
There
> were alot of environment variables to setup. So I wrote a script so
> wouldn't have to go through typing them every time I opened an
xterm.
> But it didn't seem to work. It would work fine if I exported them
one by
> one from the command line but if I tried running my shell script it
give
> me the exact same "is not an identifier" error.
>
> I couldn't figure it out so would be good if someone can identify
the
> problem.
>
> Regards,
> Irfan.
>
> Pablo Garaitonandia wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >    I am trying to install cocoon and I am having no luck. I am
running
> > Solaris 8 sparc I am guessing that there is something goofy with
the
> > build.sh every time
> > I try to install I get the following
> >
> > [root@or3 /usr/local/src/cocoon-2.1.5]# ./build.sh
> > ./build.sh: ANT_HOME=tools: is not an identifier
> >

> > I set all my environment variables correctly and I tried to edit
the
> > build.sh with no luck
> >
> > CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19
> > CLASSPATH=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02/lib:/usr/local/ant/lib
> > ANT_HOME=/usr/local/ant
> > JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02

PATH=/usr/local/ant/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs
/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/local/lib:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/ucb:/usr/lib/spa
rcv9:/usr/lib:/opt/local/bin/mozilla:/usr/local/vnc:/usr/local/scripts:
/usr/local/Openssh/bin:/usr/local/scripts/bin

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > -Pablo

> --
> MSc student
> Department of Computer Science and Networks
> Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications
> 46, rue Barrault
> Paris 75013
> Email: irfan.hamid@enst.fr
> Phone: +33 (0)1 45 81 85 43