cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcial Rosales" <marcial.rosa...@spectel.com>
Subject RE: XSP Generator not using Cocoon Entity Resolver but defaultxerces resolver
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:10:55 GMT
	David,

	No matter what mechanism I use to configure the entity resolver it does not work.
	If the entity resolver wasn't able to resolve an entity reference, it should report it in
the output log anyway. However, I am not getting anything but the logs captured during the
initialization of the catalogs.
	If my catalog is not properly set up, I should get an entry in the log saying something like
"it couldn't resolve the entity reference", is that right?

	It seems Cocoon has not set up the parser yet using "XMLReader.setEntityResolver(org.xml.sax.EntityResolver
resolver)".

	I am using Cocoon 2.0.4.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@apache.org]
Sent: 24 June 2004 16:18
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: XSP Generator not using Cocoon Entity Resolver but
defaultxerces resolver

Marcial Rosales wrote:
>         I am trying to use the Cocoon catalog for resolving external
> parsed entities. I have configured Cocoon to use its own entity
> resolver but it seems that it is not configuring the parser used to
> parse the XSP files. I am trying to factor out chuncks of xml into
> external xml files that are included into the XSP using entity
> references.

But you have not configured the entity resolver at all,
just raised the verbosity level.

You need to follow the Cocoon Sample called "catalog-demo".
Run './cocoon.sh servlet' and see the Samples.

Specifically you need to add your own catalog.xcat
and configure it in cocoon.xconf using the "local-catalog"
parameter. Your catalog.xcat would define the mapping
between the filename "book_meeting" and some other local file.

--David

> This is the header of my little xsp file:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <!DOCTYPE xsp:page [
>     <!ENTITY book_meeting SYSTEM "book_meeting">
> ]>
>
> This is the configuration I am using in cocoon.xconf:
>
> cocoon.xconf :
>   <entity-resolver
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.ResolverImpl"
> logger="core.resolver">
>    <parameter name="catalog" value="/resources/entities/catalog"/>
>    <parameter name="verbosity" value="10"/>
>   </entity-resolver>
>
> This is the configuration in CatalogManager.properties:
> verbosity=10
> catalogs=
> prefer=public
> allow-oasis-xml-catalog-pi=yes
>
> in this is the log obtained within sitemap.log:
>
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\WebPortal\Tomcat\webapps\webportal3\sitemaps\provisioning\docs\book_meeting (The system
cannot find the file specified)