cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcial Rosales" <marcial.rosa...@spectel.com>
Subject How to compile XSP yourself (automated builds)?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:10:59 GMT
	Hi all,

	I have tried to generate a small piece of code that allow me to compile the XSP pages outside
Cocoon runtime.
	I intend to compile all the xsp files during each build so that we can guarantee that everything
is fine.

	In order to do that I am using:
		- org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator  class
		- I am invoking setup on the above class to indicate which file is to be compile among other
emulated parameters, such as:
			- objectModel: I create mock Context, Request, Session and Response using CommandLine-based
implementations provided by Cocoon
			- SourceResolver: I have implemented by own SourceResolver
			- empty org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.Parameters instance.
		- and finally (I haven't got here yet) invoke generate() to obtain the xml associated with
it.

	This is a snippet of code I have been working on:

        ServerPagesGenerator spg = new ServerPagesGenerator();
        SourceResolver sr = new MySourceResolver();
        Map omb = createMockObjectModel();
        String xspFile = "myxsp.xsp";

        try {
            spg.setup(sr, omb.getObjectModel(contextPath), xspFile, new Parameters());
        }catch(Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

        However, I am getting a NullPointerException within ServerPagesGenerator class. My
question is whether the mock environment I have tried to reproduce is faithful or not. Obviously
it is not, but I wonder what is wrong with it.

	Any hint or advice is very welcome

	Thx

	Marcial