cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Thomas H. (Newport News)" <Thomas.Mur...@ngc.com>
Subject request for CLI-only build
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:05:20 GMT
Partly because Cocoon comes with just about everything except the kitchen
sink (scheduled for Cocoon 2.2?), I'm interested in exploring Cocoon as a
standalone, command-line application, *separate* from any use of Cocoon as a
webapp.

I realize that Cocoon can currently be used from the command line (although
I'm getting a bunch of ugly errors at the moment).  What I'd like to see is
a build option to make a Cocoon dist *solely* for use from the command line.
There are already 10-20 build options; it would be nice to add a "./build.sh
cli" option to build a cli-only version of Cocoon, without references to
webapp, WEB-INF, Jetty, etc.  However, such a version would still be able to
create XSP, JSP, HTML, portal pages, etc.

Would there be a way of registering this as an RFE?