cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Thomas H. (Newport News)" <Thomas.Mur...@ngc.com>
Subject cocoon 2.1.5 keys, md5 hash
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:36:44 GMT
Warning:  nitpicky questions regarding download verification below.

For cocoon 2.1.5, I got the pgp keyfile KEYS from
http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon and noticed that that KEYS file is
different from the KEYS file included with the cocoon-2.1.5-src.zip
distribution.  Is one to be preferred?  If so, which one?  If not, why the
difference?

Very minor quibble:  For most (all?) other apache distributions, the hex
numbers (A-F) in the md5 hashes are small letters (e.g., a, b, c).  However,
the letters in the md5 hash for the cocoon 2.1.5 distribution are capital
letters (e.g., A, B, C).  My md5 check fails because of the difference, but
I can visually see that the difference is only because 'a' != 'A' (and so
on).  So I ignore it.  But why go with caps in the published hash when the
standard seems to be for small letters?