cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Schultz, Gary - COMM" <GSchu...@commerce.state.wi.us>
Subject RE: Problem running Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 5.0.25
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:48:05 GMT
Try rebuilding Cocoon and redeploying. I've found that cocoon doesn't always
build the same. I have Windows XP pro at work, 2.6 GHz Pentium 4 with 512
Meg Ram, and XP home at home, 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon with 786 Meg Ram. Same
versions of Java (JDK 1.4.2_03)and Tomcat (5.0.18). Cocoon builds are not
the same file size. At home my apps auto deploy completely in about one
minute. At work it can take several minutes. On one of our agency's old dual
xeon servers it takes over fifteen minutes to deploy a cocoon war file in
tomcat.  A lot of things factor into the deployment of the war file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Irfan Hamid [mailto:irfan.hamid@enst.fr]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 10:55 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Problem running Cocoon 2.0.4 with Tomcat 5.0.25

Hi,

I have tried installing and configuring Cocoon to work with Tomcat. On
the Cocoon project website's installation guide there are no
instructions for using Cocoon with Tomcat 5. So I copied the cocoon.war
file to the webapps folder of Tomcat and restarted Tomcat. I get the
following error message in my browser:

"HTTP Status 404 - Servlet Cocoon2 is not available"

And a folder cocoon2 is created in my Tomcat webapps folder.

Can anyone help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA,
Irfan.