cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas B Winans <tom.win...@concentrum.com>
Subject Problem with cocoon 2.1.5, tomcat 5.0.9 on Mac OS X 10.3 with Java 1.4.2_03
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:18:53 GMT
Greetings --

If anyone there can assist me as a cocoon newbie, I would appreciate it
very much.

I have downloaded cocoon 2.1.5 and tomcat 5.0.9, ensured I extracted
cocoon 2.1.5 using gnutar (so I believe file names have not been
mangled in some way), built the cocoon war, placed it in tomcat's
webapps folder ... all seems to go well until using a browser
(http://localhost:8080/cocoon) and I get the following message:

Internal Server Error

Message: Failed to execute pipeline.

pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must
have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

cause
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must
have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!

request-uri
/cocoon/

full exception chain stacktrace
Original Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must
have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:
3407)
         at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(Transfor
merHandlerImpl.java:433)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:
56)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransfo
rmer.java:549)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.notification.Notifier.notify(Notifier.java:
175)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.NotifyingGenerator.generate(NotifyingGenerator
.java:64)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
XMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:545)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
line.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:173)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:490)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
SerializeNode.java:120)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SwitchSelectNode.invo
ke(SwitchSelectNode.java:103)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.HandleErrorsNode.invo
ke(HandleErrorsNode.java:60)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ErrorHandlerHelper.in
vokeErrorHandler(ErrorHandlerHelper.java:85)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(P
ipelineNode.java:149)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
PipelinesNode.java:101)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:336)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreePro
cessor.java:277)

I am not sure where to go from here. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Tom