cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to compile XSP yourself (automated builds)?
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:25:58 GMT
On 28.06.2004 10:08, Marcial Rosales wrote:

> Thanks Joerg,
>
> I am still working on Cocoon 2.0.4. I think CLI is only available for
> 2.1.

There is also a CLI available for 2.0.4, but it is as far not so good as
the one for 2.1. Upayvira can tell you more on this.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine204

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/index.html

> I am posting a question in the list but I am asking you now: Do
> you know if are there any type of known issues when migrating from
> Cocoon 2.0 to Cocoon 2.1?

It depends heavily on your usage of Cocoon. We collected many issues at
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/installing/updating.html for helping with
the migration. When I did migrate a project from 2.0.4 to 2.1 two weeks
ago it took only one day - most of the time took the integration into
our company build system. But we did not use all the Cocoon features
that intensively in that project: mostly sitemap, transformations, i18n
(here I had to adapt to new syntax) and maybe ten classes, i.e. avalon
components, where I had to exchange the import for the logger class.

Hope this helps.

Joerg