cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Low to zero-cost Cocoon hosting?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:03:39 GMT
Dale Christ wrote:

>Derek--
>
>I've been looking at astra hosting (http://www.astrahosting.com).  I'm
>not sure if they do cocoon specifically, but that might be worth a
>look.
>
>The plans use a shared JVM, so that might be a problem.  You can ask
>for a private JVM, but I'm sure that will cost you more...

I use AOindustries.com, which I have been happy with so far. For $500pa
you're able to run a number of Tomcat installations, with decent shell
access. I have one site that is generated there overnight using the
Cocoon Ant task triggered as a cron job, then served statically, and
others that are served dynamically via Cocoon. Setting up Cocoon there
isn't that hard either (ssh to server, download archive, unpack, build,
copy to relevant folder, restart webapp via control panel).

Regards, Upayavira