cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Configuring the WebServiceProxyGenerator
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:49:42 GMT
Damien Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am using the WebServiceProxyGenerator to get a file from a password
> protected area on a web site. The cookie needed to authenticate
> against the server, JSESSIONID, forms part of the request to Cocoon.
> However, the cookie doesn’t appear to get passed through when Cocoon
> accesses the web site through the WebServiceProxyGenerator. How can I
> ensure that Cocoon uses this cookie or how do I pass through the user
> information need to authenticate cocoon?

To be honest, if you need to do clever stuff like that, I think you'd be
better off using a combination of flow and jxtemplateGenerator. In
flowscript you can do one request to the server to log you in, then
another to get the protected resource.

But this would require some familiarity in working with Java/Javascript,
e.g. using the Commons HTTP CLient.

Unless someone else can come up with something better, of course.

Regards, Upayavira