cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: using config file in flow
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:09:13 GMT
Charles F. Munat wrote:

> Simple question, but can't find the answer anywhere.
>
> I want to load an XML config file into memory, and then access its
> element and attribute values from flowscript using XPath. It will be a
> different file for each page request (these parameters will be used to
> help create the response).
>
> Essentially, I'd like to create something like this in the flowscript:
>
> function setParams(uri) {
>     cocoon.context.setAttributes("params", -config file data here-);
> }
>
> Here's the config file (example):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <params>
>     <color>blue</color>
>     <size>XL</size>
>     <quantity>5</quantity>
> </params>

No time to give you a thorough answer, but what you can do is:

(a) read your config file into a DOM document
       Can't tell you this off the top of my head
(b) Create a JXPathContext, using your DOM document:
            var jx  =
Packages.org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathContext.newContext(myDomObject);
            jx.setLenient(true);
(c) Use the JXPathContext to access your objects.
            var color = jx.getValue("/params/color");

It isn't that hard, but if you do a lot of it, you might like to wrap
this in a small Java class so that you can:

var jx = MyJXPathObject.getConfigFile("myconfigfile.xml");
var color = jx.getValue("/params/color");

Regards, Upayavira