cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Experience with using an IDE to develop/debug Cocoon stuff??
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:29:23 GMT
On 10.06.2004 16:58, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Well, I use IntelliJ (at the moment) but I'd assume that NetBeans and
> Eclipse will both let you do remote debugging of a webapp.

And with all three it's extremely easy, no reason for switching the IDE
on that.

> I have extended Cocoon's SitemapComponentTestCase to support additional
> components such as input modules and selectors. I then unit test my
> components to death before using them.  That and logging reduces the need
> to actually have to debug the component.

I do it exactly the other way around ;-)

> Someone else will have to discuss the reason for the eclipse target.

The eclipse target is just for creating the eclipse .project and
.classpath files as there would be very much work to do for setting up a
  Cocoon project in eclipse. The same can be done for NetBeans or
IntelliJ if someone wants it and provides a patch.

Joerg