cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Hutchinson" <simon.hutchin...@misgl.com>
Subject Cant handle errors from Portal framework
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:16:41 GMT
Hi,

I have written a pipeline with the following error handler

<map:handle-errors>
	<map:select type="exception">
		<map:when test="processing">
			<map:generate src="root.xml"/>
			<map:transform src="xsl/error.xsl">
				<map:parameter name="err" value="processing"/>
			</map:transform>
			<map:transform type="i18n"/>
			<map:serialize/>
		</map:when>
		<map:otherwise>
			<map:generate src="root.xml"/>
			<map:transform src="xsl/error.xsl">
				<map:parameter name="err" 	value="other"/>
			</map:transform>
			<map:transform type="i18n"/>
			<map:serialize/>
		</map:otherwise>
	</map:select>
</map:handle-errors>

ie If an exception thrown and it is a processing exception then the
output will read "processing" otherwise the output will read "other"

When I navigate to this pipeline (designed to throw an exception) then
the handle-errors section is invoked and my error message is returned.

However I have a coplet whose URI is this same pipeline, when the coplet
call the pipeline the error is thrown but the handle-errors section is
never entered and my error message is never thrown,

Could anyone shed any light on why the error handler is not entered when
the pipeline is called by a coplet and if possible how to correctly
handle exceptions within the portal framework

Kind regards

Si

--

Merlin Information Systems Limited,

Merlin House, Gawcott Road, Buckingham, United Kingdom. MK18 1TN

Tel: +44 (0) 1280 824331  Fax: +44 (0) 1280 824112

http://www.misgl.com

Provider of IT Services and Online Portal Support Services.

Confidentiality:

The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the information
in it by any other person is not authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail to admin@misgl.com

*** This mail has been scanned for viruses ***